Thursday, January 3, 2008

Encrypted Blog

The previous post was the first I posted from this snazzy new laptop I bought yesterday (I'll be giving back the Yad Vashem one early next week, and you can't expect me to live without, can you now?). Yad Vashem, being a place with many hundreds of employees, not all computer savvy, doesn't upgrade its software applications automatically every time Bill Gates decides to make major changes with no significance merely to boost sales of Office. Which means I've just leapfrogged from Office 2000, which was certainly good enough, to Office 2007, which seems to be neither better nor worse, merely with a different look and feel, and will require me to waste many hours in learning its tricks. (And I'm only one of three zillion users: think how much time humanity in the aggregate loses on this nonsense).

Anyway, one of the new message boxes the new system sends me every few minutes was the warning that if I insisted in posting that post, I would be sending data over an un-encrypted something-or-other, and it could potentially be read by third parties.

Well, I certainly hope so. And fourth parties, and fifth, and fiftieth, and hundreth...

2 comments:

Lydia McGrew said...

Oh, gosh, I'm glad to have the same operating system and not to have to learn a new one!

Lydia McGrew said...

Oh, gosh, I'm glad to have the same operating system and not to have to learn a new one!