Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's a Stranger World than You Think

I have mentioned, cryptically, that I've found a Palestinian in East Jerusalem and we're discussing doing a project together. We're still discussing, actually, and perhaps one day I'll report about it. But not yet. In the meantime, however, here's a surprising spin off of the story.

The other day I received an e-mail from a fellow who reminded me that I once taught him at high school, quite some years ago. We've been out of touch ever since, and in the meantime he has become the mayor of one of the larger West Bank settlements. "Well, Yaacov", he said, "your new Palestinian friend and I are both doing a graduate degree together at Hebrew University, and he tells me you're having these interesting discussions, so I asked for your e-mail address and here we are...".

The Palestinian friend of the West Bank mayor... see if you can get your head around that one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaacov, I press my thumbs for you !

johannes, vienna

Anonymous said...

If only..............a shard of light